Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Heart Week: Do You Know My Valentine?

This is what is called a piggyback song (a song that takes a tune that is familiar to everyone, but with changed lyrics to fit in with whatever theme is being presented). I don't use piggybacks often -- I think they confuse the kids, but on holidays like this it's hard not to! This song is great for quizzing the kids on knowing each others' names. If you've got a particularly brave bunch of kids, you can have them stand up after their name is sung and have them follow whatever command (spin, wave, jump, clap, etc.) you put into the second verse of this song. This song is sung to the tune of Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Do You Know My Valentine?
Do you know my valentine,
My valentine, my valentine?
Do you know my valentine?
His/her name is (Child's name)

Spin my little valentine
My valentine, my valentine!
Spin my little valentine,
(Child's name), take a bow!




No comments:

Post a Comment